Subscribe Twitter

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The beginning of bountiful banquet

Rachel Ray is the epitome of quick and easy meals that family's can make in a hurry. That's great! But now-a-days, I'm more concerned about how much this meal will affect my wallet. During her show, she has (along with other foodie celebrities), mentioned briefly that these ingredients can be bought for close to nothing at your nearest grocery story! ... Well, I'm a bit unconvinced. So, I'm starting this blog to hopefully uncover the myths behind fancy foodie recipes we see on tv, online, and in the news. How much do these recipes really cost and which recipes provide the most amount of flavor with the least amount of budget breakage.

A little bit about myself: I'm a 22 year old graduate student from Minneapolis MN. I just finished college and moved out of my parent's house. I now have my own apartment and have been craving to learn how to cook as well as my parents. My family has given my a strong love for food. However, I have come to realize that there is no possible way I can afford most of the items on their grocery list.

So, I have to change the way I know how to cook and fast. Where do I begin? TV of course! After watching a some of television's favorite foodie professionals and completing a few full grocery shopping trips ... I realize I have a problem. A lot of foodie personalities today don't seem to acknowledge the idea of price. How am I suppose to survive?! Hopefully through this blog, I (and you, if applicable) can try to find the stubborn balance between price and flavor.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there! this is such an informative post. Thank you for sharing. Cheers!

- The Banquets Western Mass

Post a Comment